Installation of the CanIPhish Office365 & Outlook Phish Report Add-in will enable your employees to report suspected phishing material to CanIPhish. Reported phishing emails are then viewable under the CanIPhish Reporting page where administrators can then view the content to understand whether the email was a "Simulated Phish", "Actual Phish" or "False Positive".
This support article is made up of three sections, namely:
- Supported Clients
- How to install the CanIPhish Phish Report Add-in
- How to use the CanIPhish Phish Report Add-in
- Outlook 2016 or later on Windows
Outlook 2016 or later on Mac
Outlook on iOS
Outlook on Android
Outlook on the web for Exchange 2016 or later and Office 365
Outlook business: Office.com or Office365.com or Outlook.office.com
How to install the CanIPhish Phish Report Add-in
- Download the Phish Report add-in manifest file: https://caniphish.s3.ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/PublicCollateral/CanIPhish-Outlook.xml
- Login to the Office/Microsoft 365 Admin Center: https://admin.microsoft.com/
- Click Show all on the left menu. Then click Settings > Integrated apps:
- Click the Add-ins hyperlink towards the top of the page:
- Click Deploy Add-in.
- Click Next and then click Upload custom apps.
- Click 'I have the manifest file (.xml) on this device' and then select the manifest file downloaded to your computer in Step 1.
- Click Upload.
- Leave the defaults of Assign to Everyone and a Fixed Deployment. Click Deploy.
Note: If deploying the add-in to a subset of users, select the 'Specific users / groups' option.
- Deployment successful! You should receive the below landing screen.
Note: Deployment to users Outlook ribbons may take up to 12 hours.
All done! Don't forget to notify your users about the new Report Phish button to ensure a successful adoption.
How to use the CanIPhish Phish Report Add-in
Step 1. Click the Report Phish button up the top right of Outlook
Step 2. Click the Report Phish button on the middle right of Outlook to report the currently open phishing email to CanIPhish.