This introduction will take you through every step involved in the integration and use of third-party mail servers.
- Why would I want to integrate a third-party mail server?
- What mail servers can be integrated?
- How can I integrate a mail server with CanIPhish?
1. Why would I want to integrate a third-party mail server?
There are a variety of reasons why you may want to use your own mail server for the delivery of phishing simulations. Firstly, you may decide that the use of your own mail servers will reduce the complexity of email allowlisting, you may want to use your own sender domains or you may want more control over the delivery process, with the ability to insert your own mail headers and so on.
2. What mail servers can be integrated?
Any mail server that can accept inbound emails over TCP port 587 with username and password authentication can be integrated. This includes all major mail delivery services including Amazon SES, SMTP2GO, Mailgun, Mailjet, etc.
3. How can I integrate a mail server with CanIPhish?
1. Login to your CanIPhish Tenant by clicking here - https://caniphish.com/Auth/Login
2. Traverse to the Mail Server Integrations page by clicking on the account icon in the top right of your screen and clicking "Manage Mail Servers" or click here - https://caniphish.com/User/MailServices
3. Click on "New Integration" under the "Third-party SMTP Server" row.
4. Input an Instance Name that this Mail Server will appear as across your tenant. Then proceed to input the SMTP Server Hostname or IP, Username and Password fields. E.g. the below integration is with Amazon SES:
5. Press Save and you're all done!
Note: When using your own Mail Server you can also use your own Sender Domains. To implement this functionality, checkout our Sender Profiles Introduction article.